I have received compensation from Collective Bias, Inc. and Pure Protein. All opinions are mine alone. #KeepOnTrack #CollectiveBias
Anyone who knows me know that I absolutely detest packing – it’s so easy to forget something! So recently I’ve been making lists of how to pack the perfect bag for lots of different occasions. If you tuned in over the summer you probably caught my guide to pack the perfect beach bag. Today, I’ve made a guide to pack the perfect gym bag! It has all kinds of goodies in it including (the cutest) gym leggings, the NEW Pure Protein Plus Bars, a free fitness tracker printable, and much more! Ready to go, gym buddies? Let’s do it!
I love going to the gym. I think it’s so important to find time into my life for fitness. I really believe that since we only have one life (and one body!) that we need to treat it right! However, with all of that said (because I’m only human), sometimes I dread getting ready for the gym – not because I don’t like how I feel after the workout, but because I normally forget to bring something that’s crucial for my workout. Thankfully, this packing guide will help you make sure you never forget to bring anything important to the gym!
After many, many times forgetting to bring things to the gym, I’ve finally got gym-bag-packing down to a science!
If I’m ever packing a gym bag, instead of just heading straight to the gym from my house, chances are that I’m going to the gym after work or an event. In those cases, I’m wearing my normal clothes, so I pack my change of gym clothes in my bag.
- Running Shoes – I have some knee issues so I talked with some health professionals to find the best running shoe for me. (Remember to always consult your doctor with any health questions!) I never go to the gym without them. 👍
- Socks – This is one that I forget often. I always bring an extra pair of socks, even if I’m already wearing a pair that day. I do this because after my shower at the gym it’s such a bummer to put back on clothes I worked out (and got sweaty) in! I think it’s always better to bring a complete change of clothes.
- Sports Bra – ☺️
- Underwear – This is another one that I forget often. This is the same principle as socks, I always bring an extra pair!
- Leggings/Yoga Pants/Etc – YAS to yoga pants and leggings! I love to express my style with a cute pair of workout bottoms!
- Tank Top/T-Shirt – I have a drawer full of old shirts and cute tank tops I rotate through for my gym gear.
- Headphones and Music – Technically part of my clothing? No…not technically, BUT I do feel very naked when I get to the gym without my headphones!! I listen to music on my phone, which I always have with me – but if you listen to music on an iPod or some other device, make sure to pack that too!
- Water Bottle – I’d be lost without my water bottle! I’ve had my favorite water bottle for several years and it beats any other one I’ve tried. I like it because you don’t have to tilt your head back to drink from it – so it’s great for running!
Since I’m always running to the gym after work, it’s really important to have something to eat to give me fuel for my workout and help me #KeepOnTrack! Recently, my staple snack has been the NEW Pure Protein Plus Bars!
These Pure Protein Plus Bars come in four yummy flavors: Cookies and Cream, Mocha Brownie, Apple Pie and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough! I love them because other than being ridiculously delicious, they’re GMO-free, gluten free, they have no artificial sweeteners and are low in sugar. They’re also high in protein (20-21 grams) and fiber (15-16 grams)! 💪💪💪
Another great thing about these Pure Protein Plus Bars is that they’re stocked in Walmart – so they’re super accessible. Make sure you check out this rebate and also the Pure Protein Plus Bars #KeepOnTrack Sweepstakes – it’s got some really great Walmart gift cards as prizes. You definitely don’t want to miss out on this one!
My favorite Pure Protein Plus Bar is definitely the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough one. 😋 I’m such a fan of anything and everything cookie dough so this bar has definitely made it on my gym bag packing list! I toss it one in my bag with my other non-clothing essentials.
Non-Clothing Essentials Checklist:
- Book – I always bring a book, because if I ever ride the stationary bike I get so bored, and it’s entertaining to have a little reading material.
- Small Bags – My luggage set (that I use for my gym bag) came with small bags as well. I like to use these to hold my toiletries, my jewelry, and other small items that would get lost in a big bag.
- Fitness Tracker & Pen – I also always bring a folder with my fitness tracker inside and pen to jot down my workout notes. I find that having a fitness tracker keeps me accountable and helps me stay on track! The fitness tracker below is the one that I use. You can download your own fitness tracker printable (PDF) for free here.
I love inputting my food, workout and water intake onto this tracker. I find that I stay much more consistent with my workout routine if I hold myself accountable by writing it down. Also, I’ve put a list of goals at the bottom of the list because I think it’s so important to have goals to work towards. They don’t even need to be scale goals – maybe your goal is just to make sure to not have caffeine after 4pm to make sure you get a restful night’s sleep or to stretch for 10 minutes each day! Whatever the goal is, it’s important to have them. I’ve listed three sections of goals: fitness, personal and professional. Dream big, guys! I know you can do anything you put your minds to. 💕
The next things I make sure to pack in my gym bag are my toiletries. I love hopping in the shower after a workout. It’s so relaxing, and it feels good to be completely done with the workout when I leave the gym, as opposed to having to go home and shower after.
- Soap – My gym provides body soap, so I never bring this, but if yours doesn’t make sure you remember to pack it.
- Face Wash – I am such a huge advocate of treating your skin well. The kinder you are to it (washing off your makeup at night, using gentle skin products, etc) the more you’ll be thankful for it later in life!
- Shampoo and Conditioner – I never wash my hair at the gym, I do it at home where I can have a long relaxing shower, but if you want to wash your hair at the gym, pack your shampoo and conditioner!
- Face Moisturizer – It’s so necessary to stay hydrated by drinking water and by using a good moisturizer! Our bodies need it!
- Washcloth – I always wash my face before my workout to take off my makeup.
- Towel – You can’t shower without one!
- Flip Flops – I ALWAYS bring flip flops to the gym to shower. Tons of people use those showers, and I just feel a little more hygienic wearing them in the shower.
- Hair Tie & Bobby Pins & Headband – These are necessary for working out and keep my hair out my face when I’m showering.
- Deodorant – It’s great to smell fresh after leaving the gym.
- Makeup – If you want to put makeup on after you leave, remember to bring this. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don’t – it all depends on what I’m doing afterwards.
And with that, my gym bag is complete! I love having a well packed bag, so I know I’m not forgetting anything. It really helps me stay on track with my health and fitness to not have to worry about packing a gym bag. If my bag is already packed, I find it’s much easier to get up and go to the gym!
I hope that you’ve found this tutorial to pack the perfect gym bag helpful. If you have any questions or have any items to add to the perfect gym bag please let me know in the comments! I’d love to hear from you and know what you bring to the gym!
Now, if you’ll excuse me, I think I’m going to run off and get a good workout in! While I’m gone, make sure you check out my other packing post – detailing how to pack the perfect beach bag.Or if you feel like tuning in to one of my workout adventures, check out the time I hiked Griffith!
Don’t forget to enter the Pure Protein Plus Bars #KeepOnTrack Sweepstakes that I mentioned earlier! Getting one of those Walmart gift cards would definitely be a nice way to celebrate fitness and the release of the NEW Pure Protein Plus Bars! Pure Protein Plus Bars #KeepOnTrack Sweepstakes
Disclosure of Material Connection: This is a "sponsored post." One of the companies who sponsored it compensated me via a cash payment, gift, or something else of value to write it. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."