I love tacos, and sometimes I get a craving for them that just won’t quit! These Portobello and Zucchini Tacos look delicious, and I can’t wait to try them. I think portobello mushrooms are really wonderful because they hold on to flavor so well. Anything that you cook them with will flavor them, and I think this makes them a wonderful addition to this recipe! Give it a try, I’m sure you’ll love it!
- 5 portobello mushrooms, stemmed and sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 zucchini, cut into 2-by-1/2-inch sticks
- 1 red onion, halved and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 8 corn tortillas (4 1/2-inch size)
- 6 ounces Daiya cheese, shredded (1 1/2 cups)*
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved or quartered
For the full recipe and directions, please check out marthastewart.com
What would be better to go with these Portobello and Zucchini Tacos than some Fresh Homemade Salsa!
*note, in the original recipe, they used Monterey Jack Cheese, but to veganize the recipe I replaced it with Diaya. Don’t worry though, it’ll be just fine without the real cheese.