I’ve been trying lots of different meat substitutes lately, and trying to decide what I like best. I don’t use meat substitutes for all of my protein, but I do use it for some of my protein, so I’m trying to find the best of the best. I think for me, Seitan is the best of the best. I love the taste and the texture, and it’s extremely easy to cook with! This Seitan Stir-Fry with Black Bean Garlic Sauce looks just amazing. I just can’t get enough of stir-frys lately, and this one has Seitan in it, so I’m sure it will be a winner!
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 ounce dried shiitake mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons Chinese rice wine or sake
- 2 tablespoons black bean garlic sauce (such as Lee Kum Kee)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 cups thinly sliced drained seitan (about 8 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 4 cups (2-inch) cut green beans (about 1 pound)
- 2 cups hot cooked brown rice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cilantro sprigs (optional)
For the full recipe and directions, check out myrecipes.com!
If you liked this recipe for Seitan Stir-Fry with Black Bean Garlic Sauce, you might also enjoy my article for Easy Peanut Soba Spring Rolls.