If your life has been anything like mine, you’ll agree that September was a buuuuuusy month. I was running around working and getting ready to move apartments and I sort of let the time slip by. We’ve all been there right? Sure! Well, when I realized we’re now technically in mid-October, I vowed that no matter how busy October gets, I won’t just “work it away”. After all there’s SO many things to look forward to this month! I thought I’d make a little list to share with you about why I’m so excited about this month, and why it’s important, now more than ever, to take time to enjoy this delightfully spooky season! Now without further ado, here’s why I’ve been looking forward to October.
1. Inspiration. I find inspiration for the blog through so many different places. Online, my go to places are pinterest and from other bloggers I look up to. In real life? The possibilities are endless! I find inspiration through my family, friends, random strangers, songs I hear on the radio, decorations set up at the grocery store – you name it! The picture above is something that inspired me a couple days ago to get more into a ‘spooky’ mood. I was walking to the post office to drop off my rent check and I almost screamed when I saw these dark and spooky crows hovering over me on the sidewalk! BOO!
2. New Reading Material. I love reading. When I was younger I was DELIGHTED when my mum would read me stories (read: I still love when she reads me books and if I ask reeeeeeeeeeally nicely she will do this for long periods of time on road trips). I haven’t always enjoyed reading though. In school I feel like my love for reading was kind of squished down because I had to read a bunch of things I didn’t want to read. HOWEVER, now that I’m out of school, I can read all the fun books. I am especially excited about buzzfeed’s list of 13 Books To Read This Halloween (The Witch’s Daughter, I’m looking at you!).
3. Fall Recipes. Now is the best time of the year for soups, cakes, cookies, brownies, pies, etc etc! The list goes on and on. This Apple Cake with a Caramel Honey Glaze by The Gardening Cook (read: my super sweet mama that I mentioned earlier) is one I can’t wait to try this fall. All of her recipes are DELICIOUS and when she said this was my dad’s favorite cake she’s ever made, I knew it was a winner!!
4. Pumpkin Spice Everything. I’m not even ashamed. BRING ON THE PSL.
5. Fall Crafts. There are SO MANY cute crafts to do this fall! I am always inspired to decorate more in fall than any other time (well… It ties with Christmastime I think). The picture above is from a DIY Fall Tablescape I did late last month.
6. Parties with Friends. Obviously the best best best part of any season is spending extra time with friends. I love getting together as a big bunch of people and celebrating. It doesn’t even need to be a costume party of a Halloween Potluck to be exciting! Even just having people over to my apartment to sip on cups of apple cider gets me excited for fall! Plus, at parties there’s always some sort of sweet treat to look forward to!
7. Halloween. Costume contest anyone? Have you all planned your costumes yet?? I have no idea what to do this year. So if you have any killer ideas leave them in the comments. I’m on the look out for exciting ideas!.
8. Cool Weather. Please mother nature read this blog post and think about Los Angeles. Not that I’m complaining that it was a beautiful 100 degree sunny day today… but I would like some cool weather soon! It reminds me so much of home.
9. Flannel and Snuggles. Two of my favorite things! It’s right there at the top of the list with puppies!! ???
10. Sharing it all with You. The thing I’m most looking forward to this October is sharing everything with all you guys! I am thrilled to be back in the swing of blogging and can’t wait to share all the events, recipes, crafts and general fall things!
What’s your favorite thing about fall? Leave a note in the comments! ????
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a small commission from the sale, but the price is the same for you. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."